Sunday, July 19, 2009

A CHANCE MEETING

Last weekend I was doing a spot of shopping at the mall and I caught a glimpse of someone that I thought looked like Edward. I increased my pace and got behind this strapping young man and hesitated before tapping him on the back. Even when he turned around to face me I was still unsure - "is this Edward?" - and then I saw the smile, the unmistakable cheeky grin and that confirmed it for me! Amazing is all I can say. My son last saw Edward when they were both very young and when he joined us and I told him who Edward was he was equally amazed. Later he told me that he couldn't believe that it was the same person that I had not long ago mentioned, was struck with a medical hurdle.

Edward was shopping for clothes as none of his current trousers fit =D Visions of the incredible hulk come to mind. But its all good! He is happy and to quote my son "very positive" and I also believe its all thru' the wonderful love of his family and friends and prayers from all of you and last but definitely not least, God's amazing grace.

Here is an update from Charlotte:

Dear Family and very good friends,
Thank you for your continuing prayers for Edward. He is well and has put on weight.(This is something he has to watch)
He has completed 5 days of radiation therapy. The whole process of the actual radiation takes about 2 minutes 5 seconds, thereabouts.( I think this is the only place in the hospital where we don't have to wait - haha!) So far so good. Aparently, he will begin to feel the beginning effects of radiation maybe by week 2 or week 2 and a half. The whole course of the radiation therapy lasts 3 weeks (5 weekdays, weekends no treatment) or 15 days.
Take care and God bless.
Love,
Charl


And our prayers continue.

No comments: